Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It has been a wild ride in Australia

Learn how to surf Go to the Great Barrier Reef
Visit the Australian Zoo
Make really cool friends
Pet a kangaroo
Eat vegemite
Go shark diving
Find out where they filmed Our Lips are Sealed with the Olsen twins
Skydive in New Zealand
Get good grades
Take a hike on the Bicentennial National Trail
Go to Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
Find out if the toilet really flushes the other way!?
Visit Bondi Beach
Take a ghost tour at Battery Point and Port Arthur
Drive the Great Ocean Road
Take a night to look at the stars
Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge
Attend a rugby game
Visit Blue Mountains National Park
Explore the Jenolan Caves
Kangaroo Valley
Attend a cricket game
Hot air balloon over the Yarra Valley
Drive a car on the other side of the road
Go rock climbing at Grampians National Park
Visit the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
Wine tasting at the National Wine Centre of Australia
Fulfill my love of chocolate at Haigh’s Chocolate Centre
Go to Margaret River
Ride a camel in Broome
Sightsee at Ross, the Ross Bridge
Visit Sarah and Marias Islands
Visit Darling Harbour
Find Lizzie Wicks
See Cheslea Handler in Sydney
Blue Mountains!!
Hang Glide over Stanwell Park
See a penguin parade
Swim with dolphins
See the sunset at Ayers Rocks
Kayak in Melbourne
A crocodile cruise
Try sandboarding
White water rafting down the Tully River
Melbourne crime tour
Take a helicopter ride over Great Ocean Road
Bring my family back awesome gifts!
Meet lots of great people and learn lots of cool things but never forget my friends and family at home J
Have THE BEST TIME EVER!!!!

Out of my list of 50 things to do while in Australia I actually only ended up doing 20 out of the 50. This might seem like a disappointment but I did so many things that are not on this list that made my trip one I will never forget. While I didn’t go to a cricket game I did go to an AFL game. I didn’t kayak in Melbourne but I did kayak in New Zealand in Kaikoura. I also did not make it to Tasmania or the Northern Territory but I did make it to New Zealand and Bali and those were both awesome trips!! I might not have taken a hike in the exact places that I wanted but I did do A TON of hikes. I also didn’t climb at Grampians National Park but I did climb Mount Coolum. I also ended up couch surfing, bungy jumping, seeing the Glass House Mountains, cliff jumping, drove a jet ski, and attended my first live horse race J Australia has been one great adventure and I am sad to leave but I know that this was just the start to all the traveling I see in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment