Saturday, June 18, 2011

BALI :)

Oh, Bali. This was the motto for the week because so many crazy yet incredible things kept happening.

Our first day was very relaxing since we just had a 6 hour flight and were super tired. We went for dinner and I ended up hurting my knee (again) and was in so much pain! I toughed it out and went out with the group for our first night in Bali.
It was all so much fun! The next day we went shopping and chilled by the pool. The weather was so nice all week that almost every day we hung at the pool. Monday we went to the Uluwatu Temple and saw the fire dance! This picture is towards the end of the dance/story and yes, there is a person in the middle of the ring of fire!!
That night we went for dinner on the beach. It was beautiful! Tables were set out on the beach and there was band that came around to play for everyone. This was a picture of our group after dinner :)
We also got massages in Bali which half of the group liked and the other half didn't like it so much. I loved my massage!! I loved it so much that I got another massage later in the week, along with  a pedicure and manicure. We had another just resting day and went for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, which was expensive for being in Bali. But the food was delicious!!

Probably one of the best days of the trip was the safari! We took a picture with an orangutan, rode an elephant and a camel, got a safari ride, lunch, two complimentary drinks, a t-shirt, and a hat!!

This lion was drinking right next to our table at lunch!!

Another night we went for dinner across the road from the beach, the food was delicious here as well and the sunset was breathtaking. 
We went to see the medicine man at the place Eat, Pray, Love was filmed. The garden was beautiful and they had birds, dogs, and monkeys there. We wanted to get our palm read by the medicine man but the wait was over three hours and we didn't have that kind of time.
This is the medicine man, how cute is he!

My most favorite part of the trip was going to Turtle Island! They have multiple types of turtles and we got to hold them!! :) I love turtles and have always wanted one as a pet so I was super excited!!
Turtle Island was a day filled with water adventures! First, we went para sailing, then on a banana boat, a jet ski, snorkeling in the Indian Ocean and to Turtle Island! It was a day filled with adventure and lots of fun!
Bali was a trip to say the least and I loved every second of it. There were some negatives like my friends getting their money stolen and us girls getting hit on my nasty men. Although, I loved my trip I don't think I'd go back. I would however, like to visit Thailand and many more new and different places!

No comments:

Post a Comment