Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gold Coast Suns

The Gold Coast Suns are a new team to the AFL. They were only formed two years ago but already have a large following. This being my first AFL game I was super excited, but I was told the Suns would probably lose...which they did. The first two quarters were awesome! The Suns were in the lead and winning but after half-time something happened to the team and they dug themselves a hole which they never got out of.

What is really the best thing about the night is that the stadium that held the game was just built and last nights game the Suns vs. the Cats was the first game played in this stadium, Metricon Stadium!!
I will always support the Cleveland Browns, but I have to say that I think I like Australian Footy better than American Football. But I do like the food at American sporting events better. At the Metricon Stadium they offered meatpies, chicken baskets, hot chips, chiko rolls and superdogs. I myself had a superdog which really was super but what I really wanted was nachos like at Cleveland Browns and Cleveland Indians games :)
After the game we headed to Max Brenner. My friend Emma has been telling me all about this chocolate restaurant but they don't have one on the Sunshine Coast but since we were at the Gold Coast this was the perfect opportunity. It was delicious!! This is what I got...
Yummy :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment