Wednesday, May 4, 2011

adventure:a wild and exciting undertaking

Adventure for me can be defined as skydiving, bungy jumping, kayaking, white water rafting, glacier climbing, and going to another country on my own. All of these adventures are what made my spring break trip to New Zealand so awesome!

Adventure #1: Glacier Climb
I honestly didn't think this was going to be fun. I thought, how fun could it be to be cold, wet, and falling on ice? Well, REALLY FUN! I actually wasn't cold or wet at all (a little chilly) and thanks to my crampons I didn't fall!
Adventure #2: Skydiving
I was very nervous for this. Not scared, because I knew I'd be with an instructor and he would know what to do but nervous because I'm not a huge fan of planes. Just my luck, the pilot passed our landing site twice! My photographer was sooo mad at the pilot that he made me even more nervous!





Once I was in the air it was amazing! It hurt my head since we were at 12,000 feet but it was unbelievable.






Adventure #3: White Water Rafting
I've never been white water rafting, and I'm not a great swimmer so this adventure also had me nervous. Our instructor was named Chief and he was a trip. We were a very competitive group and made it in front of all of the other boats. We also got stuck a few times on some rocks and had to wiggle our way off!


Adventure #4: Nevis Highwire Bungy Jump
I went bungy jumping! I still can't believe I did it! All day my friend Sam was talking about how scared she was and I just blew it all off and acted like it was no big deal. Once we got up there though, it was a HUGE deal! The girl getting ready to jump when we got there was balling her eyes out! She freaked me out and I honestly thought I wasn't going to be able to do it and it'd just lost $200. But, I talked myself into it and I jumped on the first countdown! This ended up being my favorite adventure and I wish I could of done it again!
I'm so proud of myself that I did all of these things that at first scared me. I've never made a bucket list but if I did these are four that I can check off!

No comments:

Post a Comment