Saturday, February 19, 2011

My First Week Down Under

I have officially been in Australia for one week! It is all so unreal that I am actually studying abroad. I had some homesick issues when I first arrived but now I am doing great J I’ve met so many great people from Australia, Norway, Sweden, Germany, and the USA. I have a great view from my room of the campus. Our campus was built on a kangaroo reservation so they are all over the place.
You have to be careful not to get too close to the kangaroo’s because they can hurt you really bad.  But here was my first spotting on the first day of orientation week.

I celebrated Valentine’s Day in Australia with some great people! The girls all made pasta and dessert for the boys and then us all just hung around. It was really nice J For O-Week (orientation week) each night had a different theme. The first night was a toga party and the next night was Mexican party. Both were a lot of fun and the aussie’s sure know how to party! I went to The Sunshine Plaza, which is an outdoor mall. It is HUGE and has really great stores that we don’t have in the USA.
Our campus has a lot to offer and one cool thing is the art gallery. This was the featured work.
I’ve been to the beach twice so far. It’s great to just catch the bus and go to the beach for the day! It’s very pretty and there are a ton of people. It’s cool to watch the surfers too! I’ve been doing a lot of walking..on the beach, around campus, at the mall, to the grocery store, and to Kondalilla National Park. It was beautiful! We hiked down to a watering hole where we all got to swim. The waterfalls were so pretty but the trails were very muddy!! We also went to a lookout of The Glass House Mountains.
I start classes on Tuesday and I am nervous/excited!! I hope they are interesting and not too hard because I have a lot of traveling I want to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment